The museum, Shantivan Dr Babasaheb Ambedakar Vastu Shangralay, is located in village Chicholi, around 18 kilometres from Nagpur .In 1985, Mr Wamanrao Godbole founded ‘Shantivan,
Personal belongings of Babasaheb were procured by Nanak Chand Rattu, who knew Dr Ambedkar for 17 years and worked as his personal secretary for six years until Babasaheb’s death.
“All items belong to Dr Ambedkar and it was preserved by Nanak Chand Rattu who donated them to the Nagpur museum in 1995. The chair is the same on which Dr Ambedkar sat and wrote the Constitution of India.
- At the initial entire stage he “constructed a hut which was named as Shantikuti.
- The Buddha Vihara has 14 windows. The concept of 14 windows is that Dr. Ambedkar was 14 the son (Ratna), he was born on 14 April, he embroced Buddhism on 14 october and he got 14 acre land in Nagpur which is known as Diksha BhoonU where most important event of embrocing Buddhism has taken place in 1956. Therefore the Buddhavihar is 56 feet long.
- The museum is constructed in which the articles and other materials such as coats,ties, type writers, manscripts, Kandil, Lazel etc important thing used by Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar during his life’time have been exhibited in the museum. Where lakhs of followers of Dr. Ambedkar visit every year.
- Shantivan Buddha Vihar has been constructed with carving of Lotus leave numbering 109. The concept of 109 Lotus leave is that Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar was born on 14-4-91, the total of these figur comes to. 109. There after, Jaibhim, The slogan sounded in 1932 and so., the wreath of this Buddha Vihar kept at 32 feet
- Lord Buddha left his name at the age of 29 and Dr. Ambedkar had called a meetirig of Mahad Panchayat at Mumbai on october 13, 1929. There fore the hight of the Buddha Vihar is 29 feet. Lord Buddha had achieved enlightnment at the age of 35 years and Dr. Ambedkar announce a change in religion in 1935 at Yeola saying, I was born in Hindu but I Would not die as Hindu. Therefore 35 leaves of Lotus were carved at the top of Vihar.